3/26/10

JET 453313K 12-1/2-Ton Capacity Heavy-Duty Industrial Bottle Jack

Cheap JET 453313K 12-1/2-Ton Capacity Heavy-Duty Industrial Bottle Jack Review




Bought this unit from Amazon for under with shipping, which I found to be a great buy. When I read the parts manual I realized they neglected to send the handle used to crank the piston (tough to jack anything up without a handle!). I contacted Amazon customer service, they quickly replied, suggesting I return it and get another. That process went smoothly, but the new one also was sans handle. I contacted customer service, they acknowledged the problem, but did not have a solution other than return it (again). I thought I could find a suitable handle on my own, and so kept it. I am using a 3/4" copper pipe (all I have handy at the moment), and will "upgrade" to a steel pipe with my next visit to the Big Orange Box store.

As to functionality, the little guys seems pretty tough. I am using it to slowly raise and support sagging beams in the basement (you would sag too, if you were 230 years old with water damage). So far the project is moving along well (read: there are creaks galore, but the ceiling has not collapsed on me). It is my first time doing such, and I learned something straight away: it is best to have a steel plate between the piston head and the timber I am using to raise the ceiling. As the going has gotten tougher, pushing greater weight (still within the capacity of the jack), the piston head has made a nice little indentation in the bottom of the PT timber I am using. I calculated the load I have to move, and it seems the jack can take it (they say it is tested to 150% of rated capacity, but I won't go there).

I recently went looking for a second, slightly greater capacity jack (20 ton) to move my project along quicker, but was taken aback by the prices. I bought this 3 months ago, and in that time, this model is no longer available, and the replacement is almost double the cost. I wonder if I just bought at the right time, or something ill will befall me. Hmmm...

Still and all, I am quite satisfied with this item.




JET 453313K 12-1/2-Ton Capacity Heavy-Duty Industrial Bottle Jack Feature


  • Electrically welded base and cylinders to assure strength and eliminate leaks
  • Not affected by extreme temperatures
  • All models work in upright, angle or horizontal positions
  • Carrying handle on 12-1/2 through 100-ton models
  • Pump handle included with all models




JET 453313K 12-1/2-Ton Capacity Heavy-Duty Industrial Bottle Jack Overview


For lifting, pushing, spreading, bending, pressing or straightening requirements; Not affected by temperature extremes; Low profile truck models or standard models; Electrically welded base and cylinders to assure strength and eliminate leaks



*** Product Information and Prices Stored: Mar 26, 2010 10:45:55

No comments:

Post a Comment